Armored Cars, 222


Once the two HO scale Sdkfz 222 armored cars were built, I put a few extra bits on them from Roco and a few metal gas cans. Vehicles in the desert were often festooned with lots of gear, since all you had was what you brought with you.

You can see the axles. I primer paint all my resin models. Regular model paint does not always stick that well with resin.

I put the vehicles on their backs or on their sides to begin the priming. I used Testors spray cans of primer gray.
You can see the first pass. I may run two or three passes or more to get full coverage. Light coats, let them dry a bit between and you are fine.


The vehicles have been flipped and a few coats of primer have been applied to the upper works. The inside of the turrets did not get much, but that's okay with me.








Comments