251 Halftracks


One advantage of working part time is that I have more time than usual to put together the backlog of models. These are some Paul Heiser Models 251 halftracks that I put together recently.

They don't come with machine guns, so I had to round some up from the spares box to use for these models. I always keep an eye out for German MGs, knowing that I have a lot of PHM in the collection.


Paul makes several different versions of the halftrack. Note the fenders and the side armored flaps.


I got a couple extra wheels and I like to use them as spare tires. I also added a Roco tarp to the fender.



Six halftracks lined up, a nice platoon of vehicles. Actually they will probably be parcelled out to various units. HO scale 1/87th size vehicles. Resin kits can be very easy to put together. Paul Heiser kits are a good start if you never built resin. The resin is soft and works well with regular model tools. Glue it with super glue or epoxy. Sometimes I start with super glue and then use epoxy for added strength and gap filling.

Comments