Steamer Primer Pics


The detail view of my side wheel steamer. Note the vents from a Flower Class Corvette. The mast is from the steamer but has been moved and reconfigured into a more modern version.

Here is the steamer all primer painted. Overall, it turned out pretty good I think.


Starboard rear quarter view of the steamer. Note the 37 mm AA gun on the stern.


Looks ready for action. I do intend to paint it eventually. I tend to paint models in groups so I am working on some other projects and this one will be painted with them. I don't like dragging the air brush and compressor out and only doing a couple models.
This was a big project, convert a pre-American Civil War 1/128th scale steamer into a 1945 era German vessel in 1/72nd scale but I think it worked out okay. The model was all assembled when I got it, so I had to do the conversion work on a completed kit. I think it would have been much easier on an uncompleted model.
A similar conversion could have been done to make this ship into an ACW or American West ship in 1/72nd scale or maybe for pulp gaming in the 1930's. Loads of possibilities.

Comments