New Figures

This year I will turn 55 years old, I was born in 1955. My wife calls this my "Golden Birthday." As a result she is letting me get anything I want. Naturally, I have selected a hobby item for my birthday. I have commissioned my own set of custom army men for myself.

They will be a WWII era set of US Army Automations. I have been writing a back story for them to explain their existence and usage during the war. The figures will be soft metal and 1/72nd scale. They will wear US Army uniforms and carry US Army weapons. I plan on having 25 poses for these figures.

There are many similar figures in 28 mm and 15 mm but none in 1/72nd scale to the best of my knowledge. As the project progresses, I will update you with the back story and drawing and photos of the figures. My daughter, Sarah, designed the figures and drew them for the sculptor.

Comments